Sep 15, 2008

Introduction

There comes a moment in almost every woman's life, when she looks into the mirror and goes: Maybe I should lose some weight.

Well, this moment happened to me about 10 years ago. Unfortunately, at that time, I was running on a sugar high from a double-fudge ice-cream sandwich and I had this constant humming sound in my head. So, couldn't hear my inner self reminding me to watch my calorie/sugar/fat/carb intake and I constantly kept gaining weight.

Now, it is ten years later and it is no longer just my inner self telling me to lose weight. It is also my bathroom scale, the size chart in my local mall, my desk chair groaning under my big...weight and worst of all: My MOM!

So, I decided to take this seriously and enrolled in a local weight-loss group. In another moment of temporary insanity, I also signed up for a work-out group that meets three times a week at 6.30 am (!!!). Luckily, I am not all alone in this. Even though we are hundreds of miles apart, I have friends who are in this with me. Maybe they want to introduce themselves, too?

No comments: